Hormel Foods Corporation Brand Manager-Hormel Foods International Corporation in Austin, Minnesota
Brand Manager-Hormel Foods International Corporation
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Inspired People. Inspired Food. ™ Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 19,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The person in this position works closely with other functions of HFIC, Hormel Foods, and international affiliates to:
- Business planning, P&L management, business initiative execution: Develop and execute the annual operating plan (AOP) financial targets. Establish business objectives, strategies, and tactics to attain AOP. Achieve volume, net revenue, segment profit margin, and marketing mix targets.
- Brand Equity Management: Lead the management of brand equity development and consumer engagement strategies and tactics to achieve consumer and business objectives. Work with multiple agency in-country partners to create annual consumer media, promotion and public relations plans.
- Innovation: Lead future growth working with operations, market research and R&D in the USA and China for export. Identifying new products and new country opportunities, including line extension opportunities by analyzing consumer trends and market data. Building a business case and launching based on determining specific local market needs.
- Cost and Margin Leadership: Lead operations/co-packers, logistics, forecasting, and purchasing departments to management of finished goods and supply inventories. Lead and manage pricing and leads cross-functional teams to drive initiatives to maximize profitability of the brand.
- Channel Development: Work with the in-country sales teams to accomplish sales initiatives, developing sales presentations or content, assist addressing customer category/brand opportunities and challenges. Agree annual trade strategy plan with sales and agree any over and above trade spend necessary to drive the business. Work with sales and/or partners to monitor marketplace dynamics and implements corrective action when and where necessary.
Required: * A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years brand manager experience for a retail brand. * 5-8 years experience including marketing, marketing related, or sales experience. * A pattern of initiative. * Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills. * The ability to work effectively in a team environment on a variety of complex projects. * Strong analytical and time management skills. * Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills. * Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. * Demonstrated creative thinking skills. * Demonstrated aptitude and effectiveness in budget and financial management. * International Experience * Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States * Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Preferred: * A Master's Degree
LOCATION: Austin, Minn. Corporate Office
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 20% of the time. For immediate consideration, send apply online at: www.hormelfoods.com/careers
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled