Hormel Foods Corporation Consumer Product Sales Analytics Internship in Austin, Minnesota
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: Sales interns in both our Foodservice and Consumer Products areas are responsible for calling on a variety of existing customers with the objective of increasing sales for their district
Add products into distribution and expand the usage of existing Hormel Foods products
- Implement marketing strategies for Hormel products
- Receive training on Hormel Foods products, selling techniques, route building, and business planning
- Build a business plan for the territory and report results
- Work with Hormel Foods sales and account management to gain new product placements
- Impact and contribute meaningful work that will affect the Hormel Foods bottom line
- Must graduate in December 2018 May 2019 or August 2019 and major in Marketing, Professional Selling, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Hospitality or Hotel/Restaurant Management with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated leadership, persuasive, initiative, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of a variety of Hormel Foods Products which may include but not limited to pork, beef, chicken and peanuts.
Location and Hours:
- One of our select training sales offices in major metro cities throughout the United States
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Company car provided with gasoline/mileage allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled