Hormel Foods Corporation Product Development Internship in Austin, Minnesota
Product Development Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience in the successful manufacturing of food products
· Work closely with product development scientists on a wide variety of value added food projects. (may require travel to other production facilities)
· Gain experience and apply knowledge of food science to the product development process
· Learn to operate a wide variety of food processing equipment.
· Practice communication skills, use analytical techniques and apply critical thinking skills.
· Projects may include:
- Product formulation
- Process/Product Troubleshooting
- Testing new ingredients and processes
- Conducting meat quality audits
- Preparing and presenting food prototypes for review by sales, marketing, operations and R&D
- Must have at least Junior status and major in Food Science, Animal Science or related field with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills are necessary for success in this position
- Previous food or meat processing experience is beneficial
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Research & Development division at our Corporate Headquarters in Austin, MN
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled