Hormel Foods Corporation Quality Control Intern in Austin, Minnesota
Quality and Process Control Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience in the successful manufacturing of food products by performing the duties of their full time Quality and Control Process counterparts. This includes supporting management in the implementation of food safety and food quality processes and procedures.
Gain exposure to the job responsibilities of a full-time Quality and Process Control Supervisor which can include any of the following:
Consult with management regarding food safety or quality issues
- Provide leadership on food safety and quality in our facilities
- Implement our HACCP program (food safety) and oversee sanitation procedures
- Collect and analyze data for new or modified product lines
- Train and manage quality auditors
Work with the USDA
Design and evaluate quality specifications and auditing programs
- Conduct quality system testing and evaluations using statistical analysis
- Assist with computer inventory, lab management and data collection
- Evaluate processes by utilizing food safety and/or sanitation principles
- Must graduate in December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 and major in Food Science, Animal Science, Agricultural Business, Industrial Technology, or related field with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of various Hormel Foods Products which may include but are not limited to pork, beef, chicken and peanuts.
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Corporate Office headquarters in Austin, Minnesota with the opportunity to travel to various manufacturing locations
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled