Hormel Foods Corporation Relief Area Pork Procurement Manager in Austin, Minnesota
Pork Procurement Manager
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: Pork Procurement Managers are the main link between hog producers and the company. They procure high quality hogs in a designated territory in the most cost effective manner possible, according to Hormel Foods' guidelines. They are responsible for keeping the company and producers updated on market changes, scheduling trucks to the facilities, interpreting markets, and evaluating livestock as they come in.
- Purchase hogs that meet Hormel Foods' high standards
- Utilize technology to demonstrate to producers where opportunities exist for them to improve their business
- Manage contractual relationships with producers
- Encourage producers to continually upgrade their hogs through feeding programs, environmental changes, and breeding stock selection
- Make sure all hogs are handled properly and animal welfare guidelines are used
- Meet all packers and stockyard requirements while weighing and pricing hogs
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Animal Science, Agricultural Business, Meat Science, or a related field with a 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be open to relocation
- Typical starting locations include Austin, Minnesota or Fremont, Nebraska
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
Pork Procurement Managers will partner with experienced Pork Procurement Managers to develop the skills and expertise necessary to provide the Company with excellent raw materials
Pork Procurement Managers attend a one week new employee orientation at our Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills.
- Successful Pork Procurement Managers will advance to higher-level positions in the procurement area
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled