Hormel Foods Corporation Shopper Insights Intern in Austin, Minnesota
Shopper Insights Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: This internship position will work with the Shopper Insights and Category Development teams on customer category assignments to develop category plans and strategies, which are consistent with marketing objectives, and customer needs.
During the course of the internship, this individual will interact with individuals in a variety of job functions, including marketing, sales, retail operations, consumer insights, and syndicated data suppliers. These contacts may range from Hormel field and Hormel Corporate-based to retail customers.
The intern will be exposed to a complex set of competitive issues and strategies around geographic markets, brands, categories, customers, management, negotiations, and marketing.
As part of their assignment, the individual in this internship will assist the Category Development and Shopper Insight teams in the following:
· This individual will gain exposure to and understanding of consumer and customer research components of category thought leadership initiatives.
· Pulling and analyzing syndicated and customer POS data. Developing recommendations based on analysis of data from various sources, including internal Hormel data, retailer-specific POS/internal data and syndicated information (i.e. IRi, ShopperSights, 84.51, TDLinx, etc.).
· This individual will provide assistance to the Category Development team to integrate category assessments for assigned categories/brands with the goal of improved category business results, including sales, distribution, profitability and brand share growth for the customer and Hormel Foods Corporation.
· This individual may be asked to assist in the presentation of these recommendations to one or more Hormel retail customers.
- Must graduate in December 2018, May 2019 or August 2019 and be working towards a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Marketing Research or Marketing Analytics with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated leadership and persuasive skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of meat products; more specifically, pork, beef, turkey and chicken
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Corporate Office headquarters in Austin, MN
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid-August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled