Hormel Foods Corporation Staff Accountant in Austin, Minnesota
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Support many different departments and help them carry out their business transactions and projects
- Participate in management decisions that will affect the short and long term goals of the company
- General Accountants prepare financial reports, administer financial software, and records and reviews financial records for accuracy
- Cost Accountants help establish and measure product costs to determine the profitability of a product and establish selling prices
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher and a major GPA of 3.3
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- After training, Staff Accountants may start in Internal Auditing or General Accounting at the Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota or in the Cost Accounting Department of a production facility
- Internal Auditors travel to various company locations to verify that policies are followed
- Comprehensive training program consists of gaining exposure to a number of different aspects of the business and shows how the accounting function relates to other areas of the Company's operations
- Seminars at our corporate headquarters in Austin, Minnesota will include presentations by all of our different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills
- Staff Accountants will have exposure to many different internal departments, which give them a broad base of knowledge to advance in accounting or other areas of the company
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled