Hormel Foods Corporation Industrial Electronics Technician - Fremont, NE in Fremont, Nebraska
How To Apply
Apply at www.hormeljob.com or apply on a computer at the Fremont Plant Security Guard Building located at 900 South Platte Avenue in Fremont, NE 68025.
Hormel Foods has an opening for an experienced Industrial Electronic Technician. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Fremont, Nebraska and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Vacancies are typically on 2nd or 3rd shift with opportunities for overtime. Weekend work is required. Specific schedules will be discussed during the interview process. The Fremont Plant specializes in the production of SPAM and processes 10,600 hogs per day.
· Follow safe working procedures in accordance with the safety policies of Hormel Foods.
· Follow food safety procedures in accordance with the food safety policies of Hormel Foods.
· Perform proactive and reactive maintenance on all production equipment, buildings, and grounds.
· Use knowledge and skill to produce equipment and modify existing equipment to meet the needs of the production teams.
· Perform the necessary work with a minimum of direct supervision to identify and solve problems.
· Use communication skills to keep Supervisors, Maintenance Engineers, and fellow team members informed of their progress.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
· The willingness & ability to drive a forklift consistent with company standards.
· The ability to use a computer to complete job related tasks.
· The ability to perform repetitive hand & wrist motion throughout a shift.
· The ability to lift/push/pull 50+lbs as required throughout the course of a shift.
· The ability to twist and bend the body as necessary to perform job related tasks.
· The ability to kneel/squat/climb as necessary to complete job related tasks.
· The ability to perform grasping & pinching motions to complete job related tasks.
· Uses expertise for diagnosis and troubleshooting
· Recommends, develops, and implements modifications and systems to improve equipment operations.
· Provides preventative and cost efficient repairs.
· Applies advanced electrical skills to design and specify equipment for new installations and improvement of exiting control equipment.
· Maintains accurate records of electrical equipment such as electric schematics, breaker panel sheets, backup copies of PLC and PC applications, etc.
· Uses expertise for diagnosis and trouble shooting.
· Recommends, develops and implements modification and systems to improve equipment reliability.
· Provides direction and training for less skilled maintenance personnel.
· Participates in cross functional teams such as safety, technology, energy conservation, etc.
· Ensures the control systems are designed in accordance with the National Electric code.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
· Practice safe working procedures in accordance with safety policies of Hormel Foods.
· 18 Years of age or older.
· Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
· Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting).
· Ability to utilize product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
· Ability to utilize schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
· Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Qualified candidates will have either previous relevant experience as an Electronics Technician, or related field, or training at an accredited technical school.
· Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of complex projects.
· Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) standards.
· Working knowledge of single and 3-phase power and control circuits.
· Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
· Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
· Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotics motors, in-coders, etc.).
· Industrial Maintenance experience.
· Working knowledge of Allen Bradley Hardware systems, Wonderware systems, VFD drives, Window 7 and Ethernet networking.
Wages range from $25.50 per hour to $28.50 per hour.
- Refrigerated & Hot environment - temperatures average 40 degrees Fahrenheit
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Fremont team! At the Fremont Plant, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers.
Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, profit sharing, and educational assistance.
We appreciate our consideration of our company as your next employer and look forward to hearing from you!
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.